Flavour of the year at The University of Sheffield
With commitment and motivation up and sickness and absences down, the University of Sheffield shows why Juice is good for your business as well as colleague’s health.
The system was introduced in 2012 to meet one of the University’s strategic priorities to attract and retain the best staff. We provided our healthy mix of online support, activities and specialist advice.
The University of Sheffield has an international reputation for research, attracting staff as well as students from all over the world. Managing health and wellbeing in such a large and diverse workforce is complex.
A healthy outcome
The 2014 Staff Survey shows that Juice is contributing directly to the University’s business, by making employees happier, healthier and more productive:
- Less sickness and absence in departments where Juice has focused its activities. Over the last 12 months there has been a fall in the number of working days lost per person:
- Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health – down from 4.4 to 4
- Faculty of Engineering – down from 2.6 to 2.3
- Faculty of Science – down from 3.2 to 1.9
- a big improvement in colleague commitment, pride, motivation and sense of belonging
- 74% of employees are aware of Juice, 24% have taken part in at least one Juice activity
- 60,000+ website hits and more than 5,000 activities booked since the programme’s launch
- Every Juice activity averaged the highest possible 5* rating from participants
- The programme has received national recognition and won two major HR awards