Juice Limited takes the confidentiality of all personal information particularly seriously and consequently takes all reasonable steps to comply with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Juice Limited aims to collect personal information only in order to meet specific legitimate purposes, and to retain that information only for as long as those purposes remain valid. Ordinarily, we will not pass individualised personal information to any third party, save where required by law, statutory obligations or legitimate purposes balanced against the rights and interests of the data subject.
Juice Limited may need to process certain information about its employees, service users and other people.
To comply with the law, information (as defined by the Data Protection Act) must be collected and used fairly, stored safely and not disclosed to any other person unlawfully. To do this, the Company must comply with the Data Protection principles which are set out in the Data Protection Act 1998. In summary, these state that personal data shall:
- Be obtained and processed fairly and lawfully and shall not be processed unless certain conditions are met.
- Be obtained for a specific and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Be accurate and kept up to date.
- Not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Be processed in accordance with the data subject's rights.
- Be kept safe from unauthorized access, accidental loss or destruction.
- Not be transferred to a country outside the European Economic Area, unless that country has equivalent levels of protection for personal data.
- Juice Limited or members of the Company or others who process or use any personal information must ensure that they follow these principles at all times.
All staff, service users and other data subject users are entitled to:
- Know what information the company holds and processes about them and why
- Know how to gain access to it
- Know how to keep it up to date
- Know what Juice Limited is doing to comply with its obligations under the Data Protection Act.
All members of the Company are responsible for ensuring that:
- Any personal data which they hold is kept securely
- Personal information is not disclosed either orally or in writing or accidentally or otherwise to any unauthorized third party
Personal information should be
- Kept in a secure environment; or
- If it is computerised, be password protected; or
- Kept only on disk which is itself kept securely